40 Days of Pumpkin Recipes

We will try everything from pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin scones to pumpkin soup and pumpkin lasagna. Have a great recipe? Send it to me so I can try it out!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 10 Fast and Easy Cooked Pumpkin for Puree

Sorry there are no pictures on this. I have them but can't upload today. Hopefully I can add them tomorrow.
My very first post was how to cook the pumpkin in the crockpot. I have done this twice now, it works well but 4 hours is a long time to wait if you are planning on cooking with your pumpkin the same day. Yesterday I planned to make the reduced fat pumpkin ribbon cake (which turned out awesome!) I was out of pumpkin Puree and was too stubborn to go to the store to buy canned pumpkin. I thought I would try out a creative new way to cook my pumpkin. We have an AMAZING product called the Deep Covered Baker (Pampered Chef.) For those of you who love our stoneware, did you know that you can cook with it in the microwave?? Well you can but most pieces are too big to fit. The Pampered Chef designed the DCB specifically to fit in the micro and cook DELICIOUS dinners in 30 minutes or less. I use mine ALL THE TIME! Monday I made Mexican Chicken Lasagna (15 minutes in the micro!) I always give me customers 70 recipes when they purchase it. Some examples are 12 minute chicken Fajitas, 15 minute Loaded Potato Chowder, 3 recipes for easy microwave lava cakes! There are way too many to name. So I thought I would try cooking the pumpkin in the microwave. It came out PERFECTLY!! Here is the recipe:

Fast and Easy Cooked Pumpkin for Puree

Wash 2 Sugar Pumpkins
Cut in half with sharp knife (Pampered Chef has the best!)
Take out seeds and save for roasting (see day 2 for recipe)
Slice into any size pieces that will fit in DCB
Put into baker, top with lid, microwave on high 15 minutes
Let sit 10 minutes
Allow to cool, remove skins with fork. Puree in food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment