40 Days of Pumpkin Recipes

We will try everything from pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin scones to pumpkin soup and pumpkin lasagna. Have a great recipe? Send it to me so I can try it out!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 14 Hot Pumpkin Cider


I was really excited about this recipe. It seems that the flavors of apple cider and pumpkin would go perfectly together. I actually recently tasted a delicious cold bubbly pumpkin cider from Cost Plus. Unfortunately the hot cider wasn't all I was hoping for. I had a few friends over and we all tasted it with great anticipation! Hmmmmmm, was the cumulative response. We couldn't figure out whether we liked it or not. The flavor is actually outstanding but there is somewhat of a grainy texture from the pumpkin. Maybe canned pumpkin would work better with this recipe.

This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or more for a crowd.

1/4 cup pumpkin
2 cups apple cider
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cinnamon stick

In a large saucepan, mix together all ingredients. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the pumpkin has a liquid consistency. Serve garnished with a cinnamon stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment