40 Days of Pumpkin Recipes

We will try everything from pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin scones to pumpkin soup and pumpkin lasagna. Have a great recipe? Send it to me so I can try it out!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 15 Low Fat Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies


I can't believe I have been doing this for more than two weeks! I really want to make my healthy harvest pumpkin bread again because it is my favorite, but that would kind of go against making a different recipe every day. So I thought I'd try another somewhat healthy recipe. It has very little fat in it and unfortunately you can kind of tell. They are slightly dry but have really nice flavor. They do taste really good warm. Oh, in case your wondering why I used a circular pan; I don't have the Pampered Chef 8x8 stone. I can't cook brownies on metal, they just won't cook right. On metal pans they are well done on the outside and raw on the inside. With a stone they cook completely evenly.

Ingredients

1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


Directions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Use 8 square baking stone.

COMBINE pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, egg whites and oil in large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg. Beat on low speed until batter is smooth. Stir in morsels. Spread evenly into prepared pan.

Adapted from "very best baking" recipe http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/473/Pumpkin-Chocolate-Brownies/detail.aspx




BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in stone cooling rack. Cut into 2-inch squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment