Friday, October 29, 2010
Day 19 Pumpkin Orange Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
I made these for breakfast this morning, they are so good! You will want to thaw the dough out and let it rise the day before. You can even assemble the rolls the night before and then just pop them in the oven in the morning.
1 loaf bridgford ready dough, thawed
4 Tablespoon melted butter (divided)
1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
¼ Cup dried cranberry
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 Cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoon butter, melted
2-3 Tablespoon Orange Juice
2 teaspoon grated orange peel
Take the bread dough out of the freezer and put it in a greased bread pan well covered with plastic wrap the day before. Let the dough sit out all day, it should rise over the top of the bread pan. You can then either assemble rolls and refrigerate over night or you can refrigerate dough and assemble in the morning.
To assemble rolls:
Preheat to 350
1. On floured surface, roll dough into
10 X 12 rectangle.
2. Spread dough with 2 TB melted butter mixed with 1 TB pumpkin.
3. Mix spices and sugar. Set aside 2 TB for later use. Sprinkle mixture over dough.
4.Sprinkle cranberries over dough.
5. Beginning on 12" side, roll dough tightly in jellyroll fashion.
6. Cut rolls into 12 pieces using dental floss.
7. Place pieces into stonemuffin pan (no need to grease if you are using stone.)
Brush tops with 2 TB melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
8.Bake in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly on cooling rack before frosting.
For frosting, mix ingredients adding OJ slowly until it comes to thick but spreadable consistency. Frost rolls.