40 Days of Pumpkin Recipes

We will try everything from pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin scones to pumpkin soup and pumpkin lasagna. Have a great recipe? Send it to me so I can try it out!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 20 Pumpkin Dip and Cinnamon Chips

I made this for a Halloween party I went to last night. It looked really nice with the red and green apples arranged and the cinnamon chips all around the pumpkin dip. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the final product. It must be because in the last 30 minutes before we left I had to nurse my baby, get both the girls in their costumes, get me in my costume and make sure we had everything else we needed for the night. Oh well!

Cinnamon Chips

5 - 7” flour tortillas
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Pumpkin Dip

1 cup solid packed pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2cup packed brown sugar
1 cup Cool Whip, thawed



To Make Tortillas: Pre-heat oven to 400°. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water in Kitchen Spritzer; combine cinnamon & sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker and sprinkle over tortillas. Stack tortillas on Cutting Board and cut
into 8 wedges using the Pizza Cutter. Place in single layer on Baking Stone. Bake 8 -10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack,cool completely.





To Make Dip: Combine pumpkin, sour cream, brown sugar and cinnamon in large bowl with Whisk. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour mixture into hollowed out, V-cut top pumpkin and sprinkle with pecans, if desired. Serve with cinnamon chips.



Thanks to Barbara Duke from The Pampered Chef for the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment